Posted on Friday, September 14th, 2018 at 8:40 am.
LEXINGTON, SC – As Hurricane Florence makes its way toward the Carolina coastline, several County of Lexington departments that have weekend hours will close, or work on an adjusted schedule.
County of Lexington governmental and administrative offices
- All County of Lexington governmental and administrative offices will be open and operating under a normal schedule on Friday.
County of Lexington Solid Waste Management
- Curbside collection services will begin pickups early Friday at 6 a.m. Customers are advised to place curbside collection containers out Thursday night.
- Solid waste recycling & collection centers will be closed Friday at 5 p.m. and will remain closed Saturday. The County’s landfill will be closed Saturday. Sunday operations are yet to be determined.
Lexington County Public Library
- Lexington County Public Library branches will be closed at 5 p.m. Friday and will remain closed Saturday. Sunday operations are yet to be determined
Lexington County Animal Services
- Lexington County Animal Services Shelter will be closed Saturday.
Lexington County Museum
- Lexington County Museum services will be closed Saturday. Sunday operations are yet to be determined.
The County of Lexington does not supply sandbags for public use. Residents with special medical needs need to ensure that they are acquiring the necessary medicines and healthcare equipment to sustain themselves throughout the duration and aftermath of the storm.
Residents are urged to monitor local media, the South Carolina Emergency Management Division’s social media channels (@SCEMD) as well as the County’s website (lex-co.sc.gov) and social media channels (Twitter: @CountyLex; Facebook: County of Lexington) for updated information leading up to and throughout the storm.
To receive emergency messages from the County of Lexington to your cell phone, sign up for the County’s CodeRED emergency alert system here: https://bit.ly/2MwiiJE