Posted on Wednesday, July 27th, 2016 at 2:23 pm.
Carl Stevens, who was hired by Mayor Skip Wilson in March 2015 as director of Finance and Administration has notified the Mayor that he has accepted other employment and is resigning his position with the Town of Chapin .
Prior to accepting the job with Chapin, Stevens was recruiting manager for Robert Half Finance and Accounting in Columbia since June 2013, and had been a Controller at CG Commercial Finance in Irvine, CA since May 2005.
The Town of Chapin does not have a clerk-treasurer, the position which was responsible for these duties since the Mayor created the Director of Finance and Administration position.
The Town has posted the following advertisement for someone to fill the position.
Director of Finance & Administration Support
The Town of Chapin is seeking qualified candidates for a Director of Finance and Administration Support. This full-time position plans, organizes, controls and directs financial programs and activities of the town’s Administration, Utilities, Public Safety and Municipal Court departments, including general and budgetary accounting, treasury management, budget administration, internal auditing, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable, risk management, facilities rental, fixed asset accountability, bench marking and short and long range planning.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Initiates goals, recommends policies and procedures related to all financial matters
• Prepares and provides various detailed financial reports on a regular basis
• Prepares the Town’s comprehensive annual financial report in compliance with GASB Statement
• Directs and participates in the review of all financial transactions and enforces compliance with audited standards generally accepted by state and federal law and town adopted financial policies
• Directs the collection and accounting for all revenues, including property tax revenue, franchise fees, business license fees, water and sewer taps revenue, and any other revenue that is collected by the Town
• Compiles departmental budgets requests, exercises budget control of all departmental expenses and serves as purchasing administrator for all departments
• Maintains the Town’s list of all agreements and/or contracts for services and products
• Serves as master security officer for Information Technology
• Coordinates annual independent audit and reviews audit recommendations for future implementation
• Oversees risk management of the Town
• Coordinates the purchase and updating of all insurance programs, vehicle liability and collision insurance, workers comp, health, life, dental, supplemental coverage, fidelity bond coverage, etc.
• Reports directly to the Mayor
• Supervises subordinate staff where applicable and provides guidance, direction, instruction and assistance as needed
• Attends all Town Council meetings
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in accounting. Three to five years public finance administration, accounting and supervisory experience. Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or CPA preferred. Municipal experience also preferred.
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including health insurance and SC State Retirement.
Submit a letter of interest, resume and salary history to Karen Owens at Karen@chapinsc.com or Town of Chapin, PO Box 183 Chapin, SC 29036.
The Town of Chapin is an equal opportunity employer.